The NSISP is a crucial component of SA Water’s Network Water Security Programme, a long-term strategy to deliver a flexible, integrated solution for water transfer and distribution until 2050.
DRASOL were engaged to assist York Civil install a 750mm diameter MSCL pipe through the North Eastern Metro suburbs over a 6 month period in challenging, live traffic conditions.
Works carried out included:
- Service locating and hydro-vac potholing
- Deep excavation up to 6m with dewatering
- Shoring and temporary protection of existing services
- Pipe preparation for welding
- Installation of isolation and scour valves with associated chambers
- Pipe wrapping and protective coating systems
- Pavement reinstatement
- Pedestrian management
The asset was installed through a range of sensitive locales including creek crossings, residential areas, public open space and major road intersections.
DRASOL’s can-do attitude coupled with a sound approach to safety and quality enabled the project to achieve increased productivity and time savings on projected programme durations.
|Excavation, pipe laying, temporary road construction, shoring
|2012 – 2014