The extension of the Glenelg Tram Line from Victoria Square through the CBD necessitated significant pre-works under live traffic conditions to minimise disruption to the city prior to the major shutdown works.
Over a 7 month period of night works DRASOL were engaged to install new signalling ducts and pits across each of the future tram/road intersections.
Services carried out included:
- Hydro-vac excavation and service locating
- Road crossings for signalling infrastructure
- Relocation of street lighting and furniture
- Electrical conduit and pit installation
- Pavement and footpath reinstatement
Due to the historically urban nature of the location there were a myriad of undocumented services and in-ground structures that had to be incorporated, modified or worked around during these time-critical out-of-hours shifts.
|SERVICES||Traffic signal modifications, street lighting and furniture, pavement reinstatement|
|TIMELINE||2009 & 2015|